top of page

Rights of Foreigners in Spanish Prisons

Foreigners from another country who commit a crime in Spain and are incarcerated in a Spanish Prison, have the right to contact the representatives of their corresponding country. In order to contact them, they must request permission from the director of their penitentiary center.

They can also request that they be transferred to another prison in their country of origin to serve their sentence. For this it is necessary that there are previous existing agreements between Spain and their country of origin. The educator in jail will inform about whether these agreements exist to request the transfer to the origin country.

A foreign person who is on probation can also request to be transferred to her/his country to finish serving the sentence there.

5 views0 comments


bottom of page